To act as change agent by introducing highly effective and technological leaderships of world-class sawmill industries back
To allow the industry to become highly effective and profitable,
and in so doing change the timber industry into sustainable profit
making enterprises that can once again afford to use the best equipment and technology to ensure the industry’s sustainable
future that can provide a legacy for its people.
To supply the timber industry with the best international
technology and knowledge available;
To increase recovery and profitability in the sawmills;
To reduce the cost of production in the sawmills in
South Africa and Africa, and
To introduce new technology to the industry
• Providing our clients with services of high standards and quality
• Meeting and exceeding client expectations
• Skills transfer and harnessing clients’ human resources
• Building a long-term relationship with our clients through mutual
respect and understanding
• Maintaining high standards of integrity and professionalism
• Summarize key technology, concept or strategy on which clients
company is based.
• State consumers’ problems and define nature of product/service
opportunities created by those problems.
• Review changes in market shares, leadership, players, market shift,
costs, pricing or competition that provide the opportunity to clients.
• Outline competitive advantage to clients.
• Summarize competition to clients.
New Century Sawmill Solutions was formed and registered at the end of 1998, after Mr H.E. du Plessis retired from Hans Merensky, and started operating from January 1999.
As a streamlined company we chose to associate ourselves with other known and proven associates with whom experience was gained over the years to ensure that the quality of delivery remains as per our standards of service and supply and who could also share our vision.
The South African timber industry was started in the early 1940’s, mainly on the Swedish Sawmill models. In the early 60’s the Swedish mills became highly successful and profitable.
During the 70’s changes due to sanctions against South Africa started, and Scandinavian Companies stopped supplying South Africa. The main changes in the industry happened in the 80’s with German technology suppliers bringing in different philosophies and technology. The marketing of timber in South Africa also changed drastically and caused lower recoveries. In the 1990’s, sawmills became less profitable, to such an extent that large players such as SAPPI and MONDI, started divesting out of sawmilling.
The objective of New Century Sawmill Solutions is to act as change agent by introducing the highly effective and technological leaderships of the Swedish sawmill industry back in action, to allow the industry to become highly effective and profitable, and in so doing change the timber industry into profit making enterprises that can once again afford to use the best equipment and technology to ensure the industry’s future as well as add value to an industry that can provide a future for its people.
• Bring about the paradigm shift, necessary for the ailing South African Timber Industry;
• Enable saw millers to adapt and become the lowest cost, highest quality and productive
• Find further solutions in the supply chain in value adding and supplementary application
• Using the mathematical principle of Compounded Multiplications of all possible recoveries,
to enable the maximisation of net Yield and Profitability, similar to the effect that Compound
Interest as on the financial outcome of a sound Investment.
• Based on these principles, we are proud to state our VISION and MISSION as follows:
Telephone +2712 663 3885
Fax +2712 663 8975
Head office Centurion
9 Idlewild, Gropius Crescent
PO Box 10840